Friday, October 26, 2007

Kettlebells to Fight Cancer


This past year I lost my stepmother to Breast Cancer. When she was originally diagnosed she was given approximately three months to live. EIGHT YEARS later she finally lost her battle. This coming weekend I am travelling to my hometown of Chicago for the unveiling of her tombstone. Considering I also lost my mother to cancer when I was eight and have had numerous good friends take on the same battles I have always wished there was something I could do.


Ok, I am not very talented at fundraising, walks and runs never really spoke to me either. It isn't the fact I didn't care, but really thought I could take something I love and make it more meaningful. Thanks to Ader Sporting Goods that opportunity has arrived. Ader has just released pink 18 lb kettlebells and yellow 26 pound kettlebells. Portion of each sale will go to the Susan B. Komen foundation as well as Livestrong. I hope you will take an opportunity to contribute by purchasing a high quality kettlebell. Both Troy and myself have outfitted our facilities with these bells.

In the near future we will putting together a fundraiser based around the 5 minute snatch test. Please stay tune to find out how you can help contribute to these great causes while doing something you love. Let's not leave caring only to the aerobic community!

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

This past year I lost my stepmother to Breast Cancer. When she was originally diagnosed she was given approximately three months to live. EIGHT YEARS later she finally lost her battle. reps cpd points